MIndfulness

In my quest to figure out where to find "good" books, I came across the website, creativitypost.com and an article about mindfulness, "Mindfulness: Observing without Questioning"  by Sam Mcnerny. The irony did not escape me, but I was also very aware of the limitation that mindfulness always creates for me.

If I were to read the article on mindfulness while being mindful, it seems I would simply read it, allow my feelings about it to exist and then move on.  If that is what being mindful is, it seems ultimately purposeless (is that its purpose?). What's the point of reading the article then or having a discussion?  I can see being "mindful" in the woods or at the ocean where the purpose is to really let the mind rest. But if we are curious and creative beings, then asking questions seems necessary and seems in opposition to mindfulness (at least as this article discusses it).

Not quite sure about this website. . . can't decide if it has much to say.

Came across an article that resonated with me much more than mindfulness with a focus on "noticing";
http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2013/04/23/178467726/noticing-how-to-take-a-walk-in-the-woods

Comments

Popular Posts